WEC Energy Group is currently seeking applicants for May 2021 summer & year round Communications Internships based out of the following locations: Green Bay-WI, Milwaukee-WI, Oak Creek-WI, and Chicago-IL.
We employ students for summer and year round opportunities to help design creative cost effective systems and equipment that keep the energy flowing to our customers in a safe and reliable manner. Our student employees have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. Together, we can make a world of difference!
WEC Energy Group offers a variety of communications opportunities for students seeking hands-on experience that are currently enrolled in a four-year degree program. Below is an overview of functional areas where we typically have students. Students work with experienced members of these functional teams.
- Develop content for company social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube), and update content on external websites.
- Take photographs and videos at company events, assisting with media inquiries and alerts, editing customer- and employee-facing communications, and creating presentations using a variety of media.
- Design, develop and deliver multi-media education solutions utilizing video, voice, power point technologies
- Develop web and marketing design and promotion.
- High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Business and Organizational Communication or closely related degree.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above.
- Photo and video editing experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Media relations knowledge
To be considered, interested students must apply online no later than December 13th. Please monitor your email inbox for any additional steps. Interviews will be held in January and February 2021.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
IL - Chicago, WI - Green Bay, WI - Milwaukee, WI - Oak Creek