- Water Resources
- Boise, ID, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, 401(k), ESOP program, stock program, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement
McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world. We are currently seeking a talented Senior Managing Engineer for our Structural discipline team. The ideal candidate will have 15 years or more of structural design experience focused on water resource related work. The chosen candidate will participate in the design of new hydroelectric facilities, concrete dams, intake towers, spillways, hydraulic gates, hoist structures, penstocks, pump stations and appurtenant facilities as well as structural evaluation, refurbishment, repair and alteration of these facilities.
Please note: This listing is cross posted in Boise, Denver, and Portland. It is not necessary to apply to all listings.
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in specific practice area directing and leading staff to deliver client work.
- Has general understanding of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Independently interacts with clients and governing agencies developing relationships to advance our client's projects and position the firm for new work.
- Works on multiple projects and able to independently complete or manage staff to complete tasks within budget and on schedule.
- Leads the preparation of complete project documents including drawings, specifications, design reports and calculations.
- Trains, evaluates, recruits, and mentors staff with goal of developing technical/management leaders for the firm.
- Assists with and leads proposals to provide professional services. Able to develop project budgets and schedules.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in analysis, design, and evaluation of hydraulic steel and concrete structures in compliance with applicable jurisdictional requirements including FERC, USACE, USBR, and the IBC.
- Proficient knowledge, interpretation and application of industry design standards including ASCE7, AISC 360, AISC 341, ACI 318, ACI 350, NDS, and TMS 402.
- Licensed Professional Engineer; Licensed Structural Engineer preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required; Master's preferred.
- Travel is Required (15% of the time)
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.