DEA's Inland Northwest Smart Mobility team is hiring a Traffic Engineer-in-Training. This position can be located in Spokane, WA, Coeur d'Alene, Boise, or Pocatello, ID. The primary responsibilities of this role will be diverse and will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Perform research, analyze findings, and prepare recommendations for traffic engineering and transportation planning projects, as well as multi-discipline projects.
- Develop traffic projections and perform transportation planning using computer analysis and modeling techniques.
- Conduct traffic studies, analyze findings and make recommendations.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports
- Assist with business development and proposal efforts on public works and private development transportation projects.
- Design traffic engineering projects, including traffic signal, illumination, signing and striping, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and multimodal transportation and construction traffic control plans and specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-4 years of traffic engineering analysis and design familiarity
- Familiar with traffic analysis software Synchro/SimTraffic
- Engineer Intern (EI) required
- Idaho Transportation Department and local agency experience
- Fluent in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Familiar with Vissim/TransModeler/SIDRA/Rodel
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Smart Mobility, Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Potential office locations include: Spokane, WA; Coeur d'Alene, ID; Boise, ID; Pocatello, ID.