- Water Resources
- Boise, ID, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, 401(k), ESOP program, stock program, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement
McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Engineering Design and Construction firm internationally. McMillen Jacobs Associates water resources division specializes in water resources engineering design. The Staff Engineer will work at the direction of project engineers applying various in the design and analysis on a wide variety of water resources projects including hydropower, pump stations, fish hatcheries, gates, valves, piping systems, intake structures, cranes, hoists, and many other related systems for federal, local municipalities, and private utility companies.
Preferred locations for this position include Boise, ID and Portland, OR. Please note: This listing is cross posted and it is not necessary to apply to all listings.
- Collects data and gathers information or documents.
- Performs standard computations or analysis.
- Performs basic design tasks.
- Prepares drawings and visual aids.
- Assists on other tasks such as: preparation of permit applications, material testing, drawings, and CAD work.
- Prepares portions of project documents.
- Edits specifications.
- Performs research and investigations.
- Provides support to construction activities.
- Provides Quality Assurance/Quality Control as directed on projects per client requirements and/or company policy.
- Support equipment identification and selection activities, including sizing, layout, technical specifications, and vendor information reviews.
- Interface with vendors throughout the design and procurement process
- Support site field visits to obtain information and data to support projects.
- Ability to self-motivate and complete tasks as directed.
- Desire to expand knowledge and skillset.
- Interest in a wide variety of different projects.
- Ability to apply engineering fundamentals daily.
- Great work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- FE Certification or ability to complete within 6 months
- 0 to 3 years of experience (Master's degree counts towards 1 year of experience)
- Skill in reading, interpreting, and communicating contract documents, plans and specifications
- Ability to travel on average of up to 20% per month.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.